Sunday, August 24, 2008

I’m shocked, but not nearly horrified enough!

Last night, I had a dream that I was back in London. It's been years. And, I am sure the London in my dreams is just another one of my alternate dimension cities. I dream about other cities in other dimensions 'cos I am the white solar wind (Mayan symbol http://www.astrodreamadvisor.com/M_white-sol-wind.html ). Pause... cough... sip of coffee. Anyway, I am in London standing around as an extra on the set of Eastenders. We are inside some auditorium. Well, it's more like the gymnasium of my Catholic grade school with a basketball court on the floor, a stage at one end, a bingo kitchen at the other, and a bunch of folding bleachers. And, I'm eating a danish. Something tasty like the ones from Alliance bakery on Division in Chicago. Mmmmm.The dream goes on like that for a while. Pretty boring stuff like when I was an extra (bartender) in tthe movie High Fidelity. A lot of standing around with me watching knuckleheads try to get discovered in a crowd of 150+ starlets in between my chapters of Lester Bangs' essays. Yawn. But, it's cooler in the dream because it's Eastenders!



Suddenly, I am in a hotel. But, the hallways look like something out of a college dormitory with all sorts of notes on the doors. Only a little more ghetto, because the notes are spray painted over blood splatter. Oh, let's not forget all the litter moving around like tumbleweeds. Doors are hanging off of hinges and lights are burnt out. I think it is a memory conjured up from a hotel room where I stayed in Paris. Old broken elevator, hair in the sheets, and blood on the walls. I am not scared, though. Mostly, because I have plans. Big plans to do some sightseeing! Apparently, I have a car parked out front. But, it is just a large, unfinished model of a car-- just the molded plastic shell. Instead, I try to take the tube. However, I don't have real money in my pockets. I have cardboard nickles. I'm mad! How am I gonna get to the London Dungeons!?



Which brings me to my point: I thought the London Dungeon was awesome! Some day, I will take my children there. Supposedly, it is quickly becoming more of an amusement park of sorts. With some Demon Drop-ish ride and labyrinth of the lost. What I remember are the wax works and the torture museum. However, I didn't really take akin to the thespians trying to "booga-booga" around the joint. Highlights include: dioramas of the plague (everyone knows I love plagues), a man being drawn & quartered, and the noise of bones crushing under piles of stones. I remember wondering how one would cleanly, effectively void their bowels in a chastity belt. I bought my best friend a black skull candle there. And, it blew up all over her bedroom.



Other exhibits high on my list include: the surgical impliments on display at the International Museum of Surgery in Chicago (did you know doctors were the carriers of disease with their pretty, yet absorbant bone handled tools???), the Bog People at the Carnegie in Pittsburgh (I want to be buried in a bog after death), the Dead Sea Scrolls at the Field (I'm convinced it's a hoax... those naughty Nephilim!), and any early DeBuffet like Portrait d'Henri Michaux. There's more, but I'll end this here.

No comments: