Sunday, August 24, 2008

People magazine... who are these people?

And old friend sent me a gift subscription to People magazine. She received two subscriptions, and they wouldn’t let her piggy back them one after the other. She calls it her guilty pleasure. So, here I am trying to figure out who the HELL these people are! And, why do same people have photos taken of themselves every couple of weeks while they tie their shoes, pick their noses, and poop? Who cares? I guess someone somewhere must. Actually, a lot of people everywhere care. Or else advertisers wouldn't pump tons of cash into it. I mean, why care about the drama going on in your life when you can read about some horrible actor who was in a bunch of dumbed down novel to screen movies who had a secret drug habit or who was in an open-ended relationship and who had two bastard children (that we know of). Most of you know, I would rather read my MOJO, British version ONLY, about dead musicians or washed up musicians who are janitors now. Once I was an extra in a movie. I got to stand next to John Cusak. The only thing that stuck me was this: he smelled of Indian food. I do not understand the cult of personality. But, then again, I have a hard time recalling someone's facial features unless I am looking right at them. But, all my celebrity crushes are dead or have really dead teeth.



Here’s what I want to know: Why can’t they start re-issuing OLD celebrity rags from the 40s, 50s and 60s? I would love to read about Robert Mitchum’s drug bust! Speaking of Robert Mitchum...



Photobucket

The whole movie Night of the Hunter is visually arousing.

Photobucket

Thinking about the anticipation that builds before actually seeing Harry Lime still gives me goose bumps.

I’ll post some more eye candy later as I think of more.

No comments: