Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nicknames

These are some of the nicknames I've received in my life... or least, the ones I've heard used to my face: Botch, Cueball, Butterball, Missy, Mel, Mellie Mel, Meluta, Betty, Militant, Militia, Meow-meow, Nana, and Aaaah! (my daughter Ginny's).

These are SOME nicknames I have given or helped give or have used through family proding: Woo, Mama Jim, Daddy Chick, Rumpus, Bucky Boy, Meecack, Prish, Mimi, Eug, Beko, Mavis, Pseudo, I Like Dogs, Auntie Shrew, Staffordshire, Porkchop, Spoke, Numchucks (Chucks for short), Who's Drivin', Wack Job, Meow-Meow, Ustus, Cupcake, Pancakes, Hotdog, Hat, Shirt, Good ol' Hole in the Ankle, Tippy Toes, Debbie Womb, Nervous Elk, Joe Chang & the Supernatural Doo-Dads, Kevie Kev & the Kev-kev, Nonna Clancy, Baseball Mit, Jive Ass Turkey, Quarter Eye, Holly Bibble, Shits & Giggles, Joe Stellars, and Thomas Dolby.

I've named my cat, Itty-bit because she was small when I got her. I named my last cat Miss Kitty because she was a cat. So, apparently, there is a very simple logic behind my technique.

I like to call my husband The Big Fuss. I like to call our daughters-- the Dumplings, Mar-Bear, Ginners, Peanut, or Skinny.

It is easier for me to recall the names I have given people than to "see" what their names are as written on their unseen name-tags.

No comments: