Sunday, April 1, 2012

Whenever you point a finger, there are four pointing back at you.

I have been reviewing all the summaries of my daughters' recent testing, and the IEP proposals. I want to share some of the information about them, and also the process itself.  Reviewing the steps and the outcomes maybe be help to any other parents jumping through the hoops. Knowledge is power. However, as a hospital employee, I am very familiar with HIPPA regulations. I started thinking about this: even though, as a parent I have the right to gain access to and release my daughters' information as I see fit, I wondered how my daughters would feel years from now having certain specific information "out there". So, I have decided to use my own level of suppression. Yet when I think of "A" or "B"  or "One" or "Two", there is an implied order or implied leadership. Or maybe I am just reading too much into it. I am thinking a simple algebraic equation that has the potential for arriving at the same, equal solution. Yeah, that's it! Or maybe I need a square root or two. Hmmm, I do love trig.

No comments: