Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ebay is making me go EBlind!

I always said I wouldn't be one of those people with piles. No, not hemorrhoids. What I'm referring to are stack of shit piled up everywhere all over the house. I know how it happens. It happens while you're paving the road to Hell with good intentions. I am sure someone somewhere will link it to an adult with ADD but my attention span has such a choke hold that it makes you wanna vomit from lack of air.

Okay, so these piles keep popping up all over the house. They are very neatly organized piles but still speed bumps to nuclear family living. In order to move piles from the basement upstairs or to simply create new piles, I have started listing the boxes of crap I have to sell on Ebay.

Some stuff would seem like things I'd own at one time or another. Various books, Western wear shirts, LPs or CDs, vintage Halloween costumes, etc. And, some stuff you'd never expect to find within a ten mile radius, like vocal selections from Broadway musicals (I can dig opera but hate musicals) or Avon perfume bottles (although showering daily is important to me, I do not wear make-up and infrequently sport scent). It's like this-- I find things and people give me things. If I was a fat old man with a foot long bead, red suspenders and a beat to shit pick-up truck, I would want to be a junk man. Selling other people's abandon possessions for my bread and butter.

Anyway, there are few things as monotonous as listing things on Ebay. Do not listen the the Grateful Dead's Blues for Allah while taking on this task. The MOJO free CD of Paul Weller's influences, yes. Greatest Hits of the Jam, yes. Brian Eno's 2005, Another Day on Earth, maybe... but, you'll find yourself thinking about Doctor Who episodes.

No comments: